Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Doonie's Farm & Coastal Trail

After our trip to Mallorca, we needed a quick wind down and lazy day, so we took Stella to a small farm in Aberdeen along the coastline.  Doonie's Farm has "rare breeds" but since I can't tell you what they are we'll just call them, horses, chickens, pigs, sheep, and cows. The highlight, of course, is always the sheep (they remind me of Clyde).  However, I've got to say that this is by far the farm with the best views I've ever visited. (Haven't really visited many farms though to begin with.) Afterwards we crossed the road and the railway to the coastal trail and walked along some farmland (you can do that here without getting shot.) that curved around to the sea edge along some awesome vistas.




Some Clydesdales along the coastal path

For some reason this horsey saw me and made his way straight to me.


Big Fella




"Darn! No food. Laters."

Nice little cove along the path




Found us a new lovely picnic spot







No comments:

Post a Comment